Thursday 25 February 2016

Great colleagues

Oh dear .....


You'd think after doing the blog for nearly 7 years I would know what I was doing by now but in my last blog I still didn't manage to get the final version published. A very important paragraph was left out about my colleagues. So here is the bit you missed .....

Over the last seven and half years I have worked with many extraordinary people but I wanted to acknowledge those I had worked closely with in Rural Chaplaincy. Kel Hodge was in place when I was appointed and shared his wisdom about the job and how it all works, in a gentle way. Can't imagine how I would have done it without his guidance. Sue Chapman took on the support role and coped really well with me constantly changing what was happening. Phill Matthews brought his passion for people and his willingness to work with those that were hardest to reach which meant we were able to cover a lot more. So thank you Kel, Sue and Phill. The job would have been a lot poorer without all your help, knowledge and support.

Cheers
Julie
As we say goodbye to Julie we all have been touched by here passion for working for the Communities she work in across the state. Her voice on the floor of Synod in the Blog as with the seasons all things change the Rural Remote  mission field has been feed by Julie and from all those who know and have worked with her I say thank you and may your new journey be one of wonder and thank you from me for allowing me to travel with you .


Our first meetings in Dubbo     No! Julie Like this  camp 2014 johnny cakes 

The new team has been  working in other teams but we have come together with lots of new things over the coming months we hope that we can share our new look and bring stories of the team  what will we be called Chaplains or Patrols who will be what but the main thing is The Uniting Church NSW and ACT has a presences  in the Rural Remote areas of NSW  With Rev Jo  Smaibil and her awesome Husband Lou  The Cobar Nyngan Patrol and Pst. David Shrimpton     Broken Hill Patrol and his plane and Rural Chaplain Rev. Phill Matthews Based Narrabri NENW going where ever God takes me. teaser alert new look page

The new look team L-R Rev Phill,   Pst. David,  Rev. JO & Lou  plus our trusty steeds


Well good night you can look up stories from days gone by on the side of the blog there is a heap of good stories why because  each time we follow God and allow his mighty Spirit to lead us we become involved  the church gathered and scattered  God so loved the world and he calls us out into areas of Rural and Remote NSW  to share that love in all kinds of ways thanks be to God
Shalom
Phill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors


View My Stats