Friday 30 January 2015

Creativity comes in unexpected places


Phill has written before about the work being done to do up the cemetery at Weilmoringle "On the road with Rural Chaplain, Phill Matthews" and the story continues. Last time I was in Weilmoringle I was shown the headstones that were being made as part of a TAFE course.


The stones are made from concrete and decorated in a variety of ways such as pictures, blue metal and bottles. The effect is quite amazing.


Not only was it a joy to see the excitement of those who were making them, but it was also wonderful to see the creativity and the ways that people in small communities can overcome the issues of distance and lack of funds.


I look forward to seeing them in place on their family graves. I'm sure it will enhance the large amount of work that has already been done.


Julie Greig

If you enjoy this story please share with your friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors


View My Stats