Friday 24 October 2014

Ruminations

For Synod this year a special edition of Ruminations, the journal of the Uniting Church in Australia Synod of NSW/ACT Rural Ministry Unit,was produced. It is attached to this blog ..but first, a page from the edition written by Lay preacher, Larraine Hoffman at this years Riverina Retreat.

Riverina Rural Lament


Listen to my words, O God and hear my sighs
I am worn out, O Lord, have pity on me,
Give me strength; I am completely exhausted.

How long will you wait to help us?
Our numbers continue to dwindle and our congregation is getting older,

Our loved ones have moved away, and our young ones are indifferent.



      

 Where do we go from here Lord?
       I am gripped by fear and trembling
       What is in our future?

How can we find a clear path to follow?
Who is there to lead?

Blessings from an unexpected quarter.



Click on the link below to read the whole edition.




Give praise to the Lord
For He hears our cry for help.

The Lord protects his people.

The Lord will save his people and bless them.

               Larraine Hoffmann



https://www.dropbox.com/s/vuldj0g4k0dts1e/Ruminations%20111.pdf?dl=0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors


View My Stats