Friday 17 January 2014

Julie's B&B and Me

        Hi Darcy here,


His Royal Cuteness
Happy New Year!

I know I haven't written for a while -Sue hogs the blog*- but I put paw to paper to console myself as Julie is away and to remind myself, in my loss, of the good times.

Currently I'm staying with Jenny and Joe.I do love them but I soooo miss Julie on her MANY trips away. If I'm not here, I'm at the Tatt's Pub in town- doing my "pub ministry". I quite like it. It IS very different from home but I get fed all sorts of yummy things. Julie says I mustn't as I'll get fat but I have to console myself somehow!

Anyway, on to the good times.

The times I like best are when Julie is in home her office, on the phone or writing a grant.Then I get to sit with her ALL day.

I also like it when she has a visitor staying. Julie likes to have visitors. They often let me up on their knee,something I never get to do if Julie's working.

So far this year Julie has had Ann from Taiwan stay 3 times. Actually she even stayed when Julie wasn't there to look after me at home and save Ann money. I quite liked her even if she did call me a 'naughty dog." I don't know why. I was only barking (at everything!)

Ann and Sue distract Julie from work.........for a while.
Tony Davies from Milton stayed with friends on their way home from a desert retreat.Why would you go there? No trees!
Julie's B&B in Hillston 

Sarah, Julie's Mum and Sam stayed for a week. Julie liked that but I didn't! Sam was a small but very active, human. I think Sue had told him I look like one of those cute pyjama dogs girls used to kept their PJ's in during the 60's. He kept trying to find out if it was true!

Brian and Helen stayed over Easter. People kept calling him the Moderator and he did seem quite moderate to me.
Maree and Trevor were nice.They did have their own van but stayed with Julie for a while when they were working as Salvation Army Chaplains in the area.
Then it was the Rebolledo family during the Sesqui-centenary when Jorge came up to do the Ecumenical Service.Another baby!
Most recently, 4 ministry students visiting the Riverina, stayed overnight. Julie was away too that time but said, eat whatever's in the fridge -and they did!
I have also heard stories from the past of 6 Irish backpackers,who got to Hillston, couldn't get work and were stranded there, penniless, and ended up at Julie's but that was before my time.

Julie does take seriously that bit Jesus said about 'whenever you did as much  to one of these you did it to Me."(ie -gave someone food,a place to stay etc)

My Important Cleaning Ministry
As for me, one of my favourite ministries you can see on the left -cleaning the floor after morning tea on a Sunday.If Julie doesn't see, I get biscuits sometimes!
I feel so strongly about doing that ministry I just bark until someone gets me and lets me in.

 Aahhh... good times.

All that reminiscing has made me fell better but I wish Julie would hurry back!

                     - Darcy
                                                                                                                     

* I actually wrote this in early December while Julie was really away but as I said "Sue hogs the blog" with all these stories about things the Chaplains are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors


View My Stats