Friday 19 October 2012

Darcy the Wonder Dog sees the Fish Traps at Bre

Hi ,I'm Darcy.


I'm the one you see here with Julie as she gazes intrepidly across the landscape. We were at Brewarrina taking a break in our travel and viewing the Fish Traps at Bre.


These are quite remarkable and worth seeing. That day several young men were fishing the traps. This entails standing in the river up to your thighs and catching the fish in your hands as they get caught in the traps. It was fascinating to see something which has been happening for hundreds of years in the same way and so ingenious.

I used to be a city dog but now I'm a rural dog. We regularly go kayaking on the Lachlan. I sit up the front and guide her on where to paddle.She can't do without me. It's the same on the push bike. I have a special box to sit in which balances on the bike. Sometimes I run alongside but it hurts my paws and Julie worries about me running on the road. One time in Enngonia I even got to roll in a dead pig carcass which is something I have always wanted to do but never got the opportunity in the city.


 You can see I have done lots of very different and scary things since I have been with Julie but I wouldn't miss it for the world and I love to go with her on her travels in rural NSW. ( Don't tell anyone but I cry when she goes away and has to leave me behind.)

2 comments:

  1. Darcy, it isn't that much of a secret that you are sad when Julie goes away, you're kind of obvious about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. What a life you have Darcy! My dog Hugo would love to come on a doggie jaunt with you! (Susan Starr, from Wagga)

    ReplyDelete

Visitors


View My Stats