Thursday 6 September 2012

Hi,I'm Sue Chapman.

 Steve and Sue Chapman 
In January 2011 Steve and I left Dubbo, after 20 years there working and raising our children, to take up his new job as Principal at Hillston Central School. It was something we were very much looking forward to.
Hillston has not disappointed us.Within an hour we were invited to dinner next door and made welcome and it has gone on from there. We attended Hillston Uniting Church and before long were taking part in the service.This led to sometimes leading the service for me and finally preaching,something I had not expected to be doing! Early this year Julie asked me to help her with some of the rural chaplain work,writing articles and editing grants and reports for 2 hours a week;now it is one day a week.
It's great to be part of this work.Even if it does mean I am back wrestling with computers,it has been interesting  and exciting to use my skills as an English teacher in a practical way.
I now look forward to this new work of watching from a closer vantage point as God makes things happen in rural NSW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors


View My Stats