Tuesday 3 August 2010

A wonderful ministry


Julie:

Let me introduce you to Joe. Joe is a retired farmer and builder who lives in Hillston and has a wonderful minstry using his carpentry skills. Joe makes "Holding Crosses" for me and others. These are beautifully worked crosses that are made to fit into your hand. I particularly use them when I am with people who have been through a trauma and often people find that having something to hold is helpful when you can't find the words.

Joe is quite passionate about his crosses and has been giving them out to a huge number of people in Hillston with some remarkable results. People seem to appreciate the thoughtfulness.

Joe was also insistent that I take some with me to Bali and they proved very valuable, especially with the young Australian prisoners that I meet at the jail. They were very readily accepted.

Thanks Joe for this great ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors


View My Stats