Monday 5 April 2010

That Marvelous High Country










It is good after all my travels to still experience the wow factor when nature does its stuff.
A few weeks back I was following Don Burrowes (the DII Drought Support Worker) to a meeting in Tooma.
Don thought it was a good idea to stop and take some photos of the scenery and I am sure glad he did.
It was a beautiful sight with Mount Kosciusko in the background.
The people of Tooma were meeting to discuss how they might transition from a recovering community to a community that has moved on.

The Tooma community experienced a bush fire in the summer months.
Don suggested we might have a function that allowed people to move on and look to the future with joy and hope.
It was agreed to have a gathering at a date to be advised. I am looking forward to going back to this beautiful country!
Kel Hodge



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors


View My Stats