Sunday 18 April 2010

The Sisters Gather


Julie:
This weekend I had the privilege of leading a workshop for the rural gathering of the Sisters of Charity held at the beautiful St Clements conference centre near Galong.  It was a great group of very dedicated sisters, from a number of the orders including the Dominicans, the Josephites and the Presentation Sisters, as well as the Sisters of Charity.
On the Friday night we did a drumming workshop which I found most enjoyable, even if my rhythm was not always where is should have been! On Saturday morning I did the workshop on "Hands of Hope" and it was great to explore the biblical and practical aspects of bringing the message of hope to the bush with the group.

I find myself constantly in awe of these women who have a vocation for ministry in the bush. Many of them have lived in a variety of places and continue to be called to places of need. It is privilege to spend time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors


View My Stats