Wednesday 27 May 2009

Josephite Conference


Julie:
Last week I had the privilege of running a workshop at the annual rural conference of the Josephite Sisters. The sisters came from all over NSW with a couple from VIC and QLD, and many of them work in small rural communities. I was able to join them on the first day while they explored the original vision of Mary MacKillop and what it means to work "on the margins". The workshop I ran on the second day looked at some of the social justice issues in the bush and different theological models of working. I got a tremendous amount from the discussions and very much enjoyed hearing the thoughts of this remarkable group of women.

Many things took me by surprise over the two days. A few are:
- how much I enjoyed sharing common spirituality
- the amazing singing of the Sisters
- what an incredible force working for God this group of women are.

I was a very uplifting couple of days and I was delighted to be part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors


View My Stats