Thursday 8 January 2009

You have got to be kidding!

Julie:
Sometimes I shake my head in wonder at the lack of understanding between those in urban areas and those in the bush – leading to some bizarre stories. When I was in Louth recently I talked to a woman who had her house insurance increased from $400 to $1400. When she inquired why she was told she now lived in a flood zone. How can this be she asked as in her 74 years in the house there had never been a flood? It turns out that the insurance assessor had decided that as the government had bought Toorale station and all its water allocation, and the property was upstream from Louth, that now there would be so much water coming down the river that it would flood the town! Of course this has nothing to do with the reality and totally misunderstands how much and how water travels down the Darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors


View My Stats