Friday 23 January 2009

We all need friends


My travels take me all over the state which means I am often away from home. It also means that I spend a lot of time in the company of strangers and I am in unfamiliar territory.

This is good in many ways as it allows me to experience new and exciting things. I get listen to the stories people tell about their lives.

My travels also take me to the city of Sydney on a regular basis where there are some four million people residing in a much more hectic style of living than I am used to in the slow and peaceful rhythm of the bush. Logic should say that where there are so many people one could never feel alone. Being alone and feeling lonely are quite different experiences. I often feel lonely and anxious in the city.

I have found a haven where I am treated with kindness and persistent hospitality offered by two very good friends. I have kinown my friends for nearly twenty years and they practice the Christian ethic of hospitality. They offer their home and company amidst very busy lifestyles and I must say I am very greatful. Their names and are Rev. Gareth Burchell-Thomas and Rev. Karyn Thomas-Burchell.

I have featured some photos of my friends for you to look at.

To find a good place to rest is a wonderful thing. Kel Hodge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors


View My Stats