Thursday 29 January 2009

Washout



I have been washed out of a tennis game, a cricket game and once I even got snowed out of a Rugby game. I have never been washed out at the movies, until Barellan last Wednesday.
The sky grew dirty with dust and the wind picked up. The some one hundred and sixty people attending "Movies Under the Stars" at Barellan were not daunted in their efforts to have a good time under the looming storm and oppressive heat.
Barellan is one of those small villages struggling for autonomy in the shadow of larger centres swallowing up their people and economy.
The people were in good spirits and needed to relax with friends, a sausage sandwich and a drink before the movie started.
To my surprise the movie did start and we was about halfway in before the rain finally came. The people left in a great hurry and we workers scurried around to save the electronic equipment form the moisture.
All was saved and yet I don't know how that teen movie finished. Yes, I think I really do.

Kel Hodge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors


View My Stats