Friday 5 December 2014

Round the traps - not all full

Well, a week at home and it is time again for goodbyes and off we go. Lyn, back to work and birthday parties for Miss H and Mr F, the Big 5, BJ back to his country retreat with his other family and me on the road. Three days of meetings plus drought work and some travel down to Dubbo for a resources drop then onto Cobar to meet with the Far West mob. I had permission to bring the D Max due to a fault in my left knee - old age and I treated my self to a new toy - a Frig Freezer! 40 degrees with cold water and no melted Tim Tam biscuits is a life changing event! Plus I was sick of throwing out football shaped soy milk........... but it does explode well!  I digress.........  back to the blog.

It was good sharing with David of Broken Hill Patrol and Jo& Lou, Nyngan /Cobar Patrol and UCA. Julie, sadly, could not attend due to family commitments. Our prayers went to her. The sharing of what's been happening and what's planned allows us to plan and support each other as well as fellowship and info swap,not to mention a great lunch!


I slept over ready for trip back to Dubbo and the RMU meeting plus reference group and via  phone I hook up with my supervisor.  Well, most of that happened. This is the hard part of our role when something is cancelled you're 4 hours from home and have to come back same time week.





The time was well spent though with a time with my references group, an affirming time with a few" thou shalts" thrown in.
RMU had a low number so was changed to  Rev Karyn going through my work plan - most helpful as fine tuning is always welcome . I then talked to Rev Janet, the wise lady of the MNC. By time I had a few more" thou shalts" and "well dones"  I left Dubbo for Coonamble, feeling I was in good places.



The trip over the road was a new one as I'd  mainly come from other ways previously. I saw hay in striped crops sand in creeks and empty shops along the way mobs of cattle and drovers camps Looking for feed and water .




The Well Being Day in Coonamble was their first "go back" by services arranged by locals. It looked at Mental Health and at asking if "Your're OK" There was around a 100 people, plus workers, from service providers, such as the High School, Uniting Care, Catherine (not Cath) as printed last week- Catherine from Uniting Care. The drought team was also joined by Margaret. Both work in the area with people affected by drought and its effects. We had several speakers. The main one was from Beyond Blue - a young man who had dealt with depression. His story was about seeking answers even if none seem to be found by the doctor - try another till one shows understanding. He point out that this is harder in some areas but we must look for answers.

Well Being Day team. Photo by Brook Wall, Coonamble High School teacher 

I was knocked over by a young singing group formed by Medicare Local  and the school. I think there is a link to see for yourself. It is on my Face Book page but I give it to you here too - Tin Town Trackers is their name. Put this into YouTube -
The Tin Town Trackers - 'Reach Out'





No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors


View My Stats