Wednesday 5 August 2009

Hospitality in Henty

Julie:
Henty is a little town SW of Wagga Wagga (see map link at the bottom) with a population of approx 1000 people. The Uniting Church there meets twice a month in Henty and twice a month in Culcairn (16 km south) which shares the travelling for those in the congregation.

On Sunday I had the privilege of speaking in Henty to a very enthusiastic crowd of folk who welcomed me warmly. I spoke about the work of the Rural Chaplains and also the possibility of returning to do some work with the congregation on community building activities. It was a great service and of course wouldn't be complete without morning tea in the hall and a cake to celebrate Jessica's birthday.

Not only was I hosted extremely comfortably on Saturday night but I was also taken to lunch at the Culcairn Pub after the service by some of the congregation, which proved to be a very pleasant and entertaining afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors


View My Stats