Sunday 31 May 2009

The church extends a warm welcome

Julie:

One of the delights of the job is that I get to talk to urban churches about the work we are doing. Yesterday afternoon I traveled to the Wollongong area and had a very pleasant evening with Andrew, Kate and their 4 children. This morning I spoke at Corrimal church on the work of the Rural Chaplains. Many in the congregation have links to and lived in the bush so it was great to hear their stories and share some of my experiences.

It was also a great pleasure to hear how this church is doing so much community work by employing a community pastor, running a Men's shed, working with NA&AA and many other projects. They have a great passion for being a part of their community.

And of course the tradition of church hospitality was there with everyone joining together for lunch. For me it was another example of the broader church "family".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors


View My Stats